I always love to try new makeup products and learn about their formulas and what makes them unique. Makeup brands such as Glossier and Milk Makeup have brought something refreshing and innovative to our makeup palette!
When I first heard of the name of this brand it instantly made me think of products which are natural and simple and it’s exactly that! This cosmetic company has been popular in the US ever since its launch in 2016, prompting the concept of ‘clean beauty’. Some makeup can actually have a huge environmental impact in terms of the ingredients that are used and how it’s made and tested. However, Milk Makeup is entirely vegan and uses natural alternatives to make their products which makes their products super nourishing and containing loads of skincare benefits. Their products tick all the boxes:
- No Parabens
- No Sulphates
- No Minerals
- Natural Ingredients
- 100% Vegan
As written on their website, their brand is ‘clean and cool beauty’ and now this squeaky-clean makeup brand has arrived in the UK! You are able to purchase Milk Makeup online at Cult Beauty and if you follow their YouTube channel and Instagram page, they share daily videos of how to use their products to receive the full benefit of their amazing product range. Here are some of their best-selling products everyone is talking about and a must-have in your makeup bag!
- KUSH High Volume Mascara – This mascara gives major volume and gives the appearance of healthier looking lashes. This product has been talked about as it contains hemp-derived cannabis oil which has conditioning benfits to the lashes and makes the formula a creamy texture, allowing the mascara to spread evenly and smoothly onto the lashes.
- Blur Liquid Matte Foundation– This full coverage foundation gives you a flawless finishes and blurs pores and fine lines instantly. It’s oil-free and for a matte foundation, its surprisingly lightweight and has a serum-like feel to the skin. It contains hyaluronic acid which is amazing for hydrating and plumping the skin.
- Cooling Water Eye De-puffer– this cooling gel formula is infused with caffeine to support micro-circulation and gives the skin the kick it needs to feel energised, refreshed and full of glow. The best thing about this product is that its enriched with natural seawater to calm and hydrate sensitive and irritated skin so this product is perfect for all skin types!
- Watermelon Brightening Serum – This gluten-free serum will give your skin the glow it needs as it contains watermelon fruit extract which provides hydration to the skin all day. It brightens dull complexions and reduces the appearance of dark spots for a more even skin tone. No product goes to waste as you apply it straight from the stick to your skin, leaving no residue behind.
What started out to be an internet-only beauty brand has quickly grown into a global venture! And if you’ve been on social media you’ve definitely witnessed the hype over Glossier. This is one of America’s most popular beauty brand’s and my friend recommended it to me for its easy-to-use products and affordability. I must say, the price of these products is incredible for students like us and their casual, uncomplicated products are so simple to use so you can achieve the perfect everyday-makeup look. Glossier launched in 2010 and people were attracted to its innovative products and cute Instagrammable packaging. The brand is 100% cruelty free and you can purchase their products online on the Glossier website, starting from a reasonable £10!
Here’s a list of their top products everyone’s been using and are worth every penny!
- Boy Brow – Now this bad boy has even made it to Cult Beauty’s top makeup picks and works wonders! Boy Brow is a hair pomade that comes in a tiny spooly brush and it thickens your brows without it looking like you’ve spent ages applying different brow products on your face. Its effortless and so easy to use: simply sweep and comb through the brows to evenly spread the product and set the brow hairs in place. Voila! You’re ready to go out and start your day.
- Cloud Paint – These gel-cream blushes come in a range of different shades and will give your cheeks that healthy, youthful pink flush of colour to your cheeks. It’s easy to spread and you only need a tiny amount as its super pigmented.
- Lip Gloss – Now with a brand named after the word ‘gloss’ it would be expected that their gloss has a super shine factor. Their crystal- clear gloss promises zero stickiness and zero glitter giving you that glassy finish. Also, its enriched with vitamin E so you’re promised hydrated and plump lips.
- Milky Jelly Cleanser – This daily conditioning facial wash dissolves the makeup and grime in one go. The pH-balanced, creamy gel formula is made with a blend of five skin conditioners so your face is left feeling healthy and soft.