Even though the weather is looking rather dull again, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be prepared for swimsuit season. Swimsuit shopping is the ideal break from exam revision; besides you need a few outfits ready for the summer once exams are done. To help you rifle through the plethora of swimsuits available, CUB has created a list of ideas on what to wear to the beaches and pools this year!
THE HIGH LEG & CUTS:
We’re talking about finding the perfect outfit to complete our Baywatch run. While we have spent the last few years scrutinising 90s swimwear, it has come back with a vengeance. It’ll accentuate the curves you have and create the illusion of long legs for days. Black high-cut swimsuits are some of the easiest to pull off. It’s no wonder our favourite models wear them so often, from Alessandra Ambrosio to Ashley Graham.
- Out from Under: Seamless Straight-Neck One-Piece Swimsuit (Black) (£29)
- Out from Under: Strappy One-Piece Swimsuit (Black) (£29)
- Aerie: Longline Bandeau Bikini Top (Cozy Yellow) ($34.95) & Aerie High Cut Cheeky Bikini Bottom (Neon Red) ($29.95)
THE ORANGES & BROWNS:
Anyone can put on black or floral swimwear, but I dare you to move past them in favour of bolder colours, like orange and brown. There is a reason why designers create a variety of colours for you to choose from and they frequently put these colours out alongside black options.
- Out from Under: Textured Bungee Strap One-Piece Swimsuit (Orange) (£28)
- Arket: Swimsuit (Orange) (£35)
- H&M: Swimsuit (Terracotta) (£4.99)
- Arket: Swimsuit (Khaki Brown) (£55)
- H&M: Scallop-Edged Swimsuit (Light Brown) (£19.99)
The sun is out and so is the yellow. There are millions of shades to choose from, including neon and pastel yellow. The mustards and dark yellows are the most popular and very on trend for this summer. You’d be crazy to sleep on such a colour.
- H&M: One-Shoulder Swimsuit (Dark Yellow) (£24.99)
Yes, polka dots are having another moment, but may I introduce you to stripes? The candy stripe is being taken over by multi-coloured stripes at the moment. With these styles of swimsuits, you can fulfil your 80s fantasies that are filled with layers of colour.
- & Other Stories: Striped Scoop Back Swimsuit (Multi-Stripe) (£35)
- Zara: Striped Swimsuit (£19.99)
THE COLOUR BLOCK:
Okay, so you can’t decide on a colour, that’s cool. Another trend this season is the colour block swimsuit. Designers are pulling out colour combinations you wouldn’t have thought of, and you will think you were crazy for never thinking of them yourself because they look so good.
- Zara: Asymmetric Colour Block Swimsuit (£25.99)
THE NEONS & PASTELS:
From dresses, to shorts, to bags, the obsession with neons and pastels have become some of this summer’s leading trends. The choice for such colours may seem completely random, but they’re surprisingly quite flattering as they showcase your tan.
- H&M: Swimsuit (Neon Pink) (£19.99)